What are the features that make the best battery draw tester? These compact and convenient battery draw tester are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average battery draw tester cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of battery draw tester
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the battery draw tester
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best battery draw tester & Features
1. Lisle 64970 Parasitic Drain Tester
- Replaceable in-line fuses protect both the meter and tester in the event a high current source on the vehicle is left on
- The multimeter is bypassed with the switch during connection in case of a power surge
- The tester and meter can remain connected until other computer systems shut down, isolating the drain
- As a convenience, stacking banana connectors are used on the tester
- This allows voltage to be measured on various locations on the vehicle during the drain test, using standard test leads
Additional Info :
2. Goupchn Parasitic Drain Tester with Car Blade Fuses Assortment Kit 6 Colors for Automotive Battery Testing
- Battery Testers are made of pure copper flexible wires. One end are pure copper safety insulated banana plugs for multimeters. At the other end are pure iron clips. Overall red and black tone are easy to distinguish.
- Test clips are more conductive than traditional. It contains sawtooth, which fits the battery electrode more. Tester is equipped with a switch, which can be closed before you have linked it for added security.
- Replaceable series fuses protect meters and testers if there is a high current source on the vehicle. Waterproof and safe when the cover is closed. Comes with 6 colors 12 fuses, voltage 32 V, current 5-30 A for your choice.
- Battery testers provide an easy method to connect a multimeter to vehicle electrical system to diagnose hidden battery drain. It also allows voltage to be measured on various locations on the vehicle during the drain test, using standard test leads.
- Package include: 1 x replaceable fuse test battery cable, 12 x car blade fuses, 1 x white transparent storage box.
Additional Info :
3. Portable Parasitic Drain Tester, CATUDIY Automotive Battery Testers and Electrical System Diagnostic Tool for Test The Abnormal Current for Cars Power Supply
- 🔌【Why Need It】If you find that there may be parasitic drain in your car’s electrical system, you may need this parasitic drain tester to test your vehicle. At the same time, you also need a multimeter(Not included)
- 🔌【Battery Tester】The parasitic draw tester is to connect a multimeter to the vehicle electrical system to diagnose whether battery drain. This fuse tester tool also allows measuring voltages on various locations on the vehicle during the leak test by using standard test leads
- 🔌【Unique Design】The car battery tester comes with a unique U-shaped battery pile spring clamp to connect the battery pile without removing its connection line; Each component has been perfect calculation to ensure its necessary function
- 🔌【Reliable & Safe】Adopted external dual 10A fuse design, the relay tester is easy to replace without being disassembled. Equipped with a low-resistance switch and 6-color 12 fuses for your choice, the automotive battery tester can be closed before connection to improve safety
- 🔌【Premium Quality】The fuse tester automotive is made of hard plastic, durable and flexible. Test leads are made of high quality pure copper material; And alligator clamps are made of pure iron which are more conductive than traditional
Additional Info :
4. PLAYOCCAR Car Parasitic Drain Tester, Automotive Electrical System Diagnostic Tool for Current Battery Testing
- 【WHY NEED IT】When you find that the electrical system of your beloved car is not working properly because of leakage, then parasitic draw tester tool can perform a leakage test for your vehicle.
- 【POWERFUL FUNCTION】Parasitic drain tester can test the standby of the car ECU, normal working current or abnormal working current electronic components while the car ECU is kept powered on, so there no need to worry about repeated testing due to loss ECU data.
- 【UNIQUE DESIGN】Using a unique U-shaped battery terminal spring clip, it can be connected to the battery terminal without removing the battery terminal cable. One end is a 4mm pure copper banana plug with safety insulation, and the other end is a pure iron clip.
- 【UPGRADE OPTIMIZATION】The car drain tester allows using standard test leads to measure the voltage at different positions of the vehicle during the drainage test. In terms of performance, upgrade protection also did, which the fuse is not easy to blow & power consumption is small.
- 【EFFICIENT AND SAFE】Fully wrapped high-current battery clips & low-resistance switches are used, durable & efficient. Tester is equipped with a switch that can be turned off before connection to increase safety. The multimeter passed by the switch during the connection process to prevent power surges.
Additional Info :
5. OTC 6945 Parasitic Draw Test Switch for GM and Other Vehicles with Side or Top Post Battery
- OTC’s Parasitic Draw Test Switch is used with an amp meter to isolate parasitic amperage draws on all GM vehicles or any vehicle with a side or top post battery
- Tool attaches between the negative battery lead and the battery, then the vehicle road is tested
- Next, connect an amp meter to each side of the switch, thereby allowing all available current to pass through the meter
- Fuses are then removed one at a time until the circuit source of the parasitic draw is located
- Similar to J-38758; made in the USA
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
Additional Info :
6. Battery Tester for AA AAA C D 9V 1.5V Button Cell Batteries Toolman QTH030
- Easily check if the batteries are good or bad.
- It can test different types of batteries, even rechargeable ones.
- Fit For: AA/AAA/C/D/9V/1.5V Button Cell Battery (Batteries not included)
- A must buy for anyone who uses regular or rechargeable batteries on a regular basis.
Additional Info :
7. Ampere Meter-Find Super Fast Charger & Charging Current & Charging Time & Custom Full & Low Battery Alerm & Battery Info
- 1 Estimated charging time of battery
- 2 The capacity of battery
- 3 Voltage of battery
- 4 Level of charging in battery
- 5 Remaining level of charging in battery
- 6 Temperature of battery
- 7 Health of battery
- 8 Type of charger
- 9 Status of charging
- 10 The model of phone
Additional Info :
8. EKDJKK Parasitic Drain Tester Car Blade Fuses Assortment Kit Portable Durable Battery Testers Car Test The Abnormal Current for Automotive Battery Testing
- Battery Testing: Battery testers provide an easy method to connect a multimeter to vehicle electrical system to diagnose battery drain. It also allows voltage to be measured on various locations on the vehicle during the drain test, using standard test leads.
- Design: Battery Testers are made of pure copper flexible wires. One end are pure copper safety insulated banana plugs for multimeters. At the other end are clips. Overall red and black tone are easy to distinguish.
- With Switch: Test clips are more conductive than traditional. Tester is equipped with a switch, which can be closed before you have linked it for added security.
- Safety: Replaceable in-line fuses protect both the meter and tester in the event a high current source on the vehicle is left on.
- Material: Made of plastic, durable and wear-resisntant, flexible, lightweight.
Additional Info :
9. DROK Voltage Amp Meter DC, Battery Monitor DC 0-300V 200A, Ammeter Voltmeter for Solar System Setup Power Energy Capacity Volt Current Detector Panel with Hall Sensor
- Multifunctional Meter: DROK multimeter panel is available to measure percentage and AH of remaining capacity, DC positive and negative bidirectional current, DC voltage, DC positive and negative power, DC positive and negative bidirectional accumulated electric energy. Voltage measurement range is DC 0-300V, current measurement range is 0-200A.
- Hall Sensor & Easy Mount: the voltage amperage meter is coming with a Hall transformer to for isolated measurement, reliable and safe; accepting two-wire system connection and three-wire system connection, could be powered DC5~90V, easy and simple to wire this meter up.
- Display: backlight can be controlled to be ON or OFF as user’s need; Equipped with full angle of view LCD screen, users could see the display clearly whenever at night and day, indoor or outside, even under the sunshine.
- Alarming Function: it will alarm and flash to draw your attention when the real voltage is higher or lower than preset alarming voltage and real current is higher than preset current; It will also alarm and flash to remind you to charge for your device when the remaining capacity of battery is low.
- Wide Applications: Can be used as dc amp meter, digital volt meter, power meter, battery capacity monitor. Suitable for all kinds of batteries, such as Lead-acid batteries, Lithium Polymer batteries, lithium iron phosphate batteries and etc. With function of storing date when power down, using this meter, no need to worry that your electric data will be lost.
Additional Info :
10. BOSCH BAT155 Heavy Duty Battery Tester with Integrated Printer – Use with 6V and 12V Batteries, 12V and 24V Charging Systems
- BAT 155 is an advanced heavy duty battery and electrical system tester designed for the commercial vehicle industry that features patented single load, dynamic resistance technology that provides fast and accurate results
- Accurately tests 6V and 12V batteries, with 100 to 6,000 Cold Cranking Amp (CCA) test capacity, including AGM, Gel Cell, flooded lead-acid, Start/Stop EFB and Commercial SLI batteries using a micro-load test for proven results
- Versatile tool also tests 12V and 24V charging systems with a diode/ripple test
- Features: 1.5VDC to 60VDC Testing Range, detachable test clamps, infrared temp sensor for accurate CCA measurement, extra charging posts to simplify hookup, and English, French (Canadian), and North American Spanish language options
- Integrated printer captures test results for customer records, presenting state of health and state of charge percentage
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for battery draw tester
To help you buy the perfect battery draw tester for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best battery draw tester in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these battery draw tester for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to battery draw tester, you can find many major features and aspects related to battery draw tester. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The battery draw tester should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing battery draw tester to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best battery draw tester, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the battery draw tester. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting battery draw tester.
Ease of Use
While choosing the battery draw tester, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the battery draw tester. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The battery draw tester should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable battery draw tester.
The price of your battery draw tester will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the battery draw tester. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your battery draw tester. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the battery draw tester you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of battery draw tester is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of battery draw tester before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some battery draw tester come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.