What are the features that make the best low voltage cable tester? These compact and convenient low voltage cable tester are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average low voltage cable tester cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of low voltage cable tester
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the low voltage cable tester
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best low voltage cable tester & Features
1. Southwire Tools & Equipment M300P Professional VDV Low Voltage Cable Mapper tool kit, Network Cable Tester, Network tester for testing voice, data, and video products, Ethernet tester and RJ45 tester, Brown
- PROFESSIONAL VDV CABLE MAPPER: Quickly test voice, data and video cabling for common wiring faults including split pairs
- MAPS MULTIPLE CABLE RUNS: Includes RJ45 & Coax “F” ID remotes (5 of each are included)
- EASY TO READ: The LCD display with backlight allows you to test even in dimly lit areas
- DURABLE: The rugged durable molded housing with snap-in remote is impact resistant for long lasting performance and use
- ACCURATE READINGS: Tone generator for cable tracing (separate Amplifier Probe required)
- PORT COVERS: These covers protect RJ45 and RJ11 ports from dust and debris
- TESTING TIP: If you receive a “U” when testing a cable then it indicates an unidentifiable error. This typically is a result of multiple wiring errors on one particular cable. Typically this is resolved by terminating the ends again
Additional Info :
2. Triplett Low Voltage Pro 30SR Network Cable Tester/Verifier with 12 Tester Apps and 8 RJ45 Smart Remotes – COAX, CAT5/5e/6/6a/7, Shielded/Unshielded
- Run a variety of cable testing procedures including Cable Map, Ethernet Switch Port Blink, Speaker Pop, Cable Length, PoE Volts, Battery Test, and 10/100/1000 indication
- Preloaded with a powerful cable testing pack and 13 device testing apps, plus Length Return Loss Quality (RLQ) Pack Apps, Alert LEDs to indicate POE, Tone Locator, Port Blink, Speaker Pop, Speaker 7.1 ID and Wall Jack ID
- Perform detailed wire map and measure cable length and distance to open or short; store up to 250 printable reports
- Check line voltage on RJ45 (PoE) and telephone lines; measure incoming data speed 10/100/1000
- Includes 10 RJ45 remotes, 10 Coax remotes, F Male to BNC Male, F Male to BNC Female RJ45 patch cable (2), RJ45 to alligator clip adapter, USB cable, case, 9V battery, RLQ adapters and SR remotes
Additional Info :
3. KOLSOL Underground Cable Locator NF-820 Wire Locator Network Tester High & Low Voltage Cable Wire Locator
- [Wide Range] Mainly locate invisible buried wire, the depth range is 0-2m and cable length 1000m. single conductor, 2-core or multi-core cable are all available.
- [Endurable High Voltage] Tone trace live cable with triangle socket or alligator clip, Voltage range can be 0-220V without burnout, (400V is also endurable).
- [Track with AC Filter] Easy to track cable with complete AC Interference Rejection.
- [Rechargable Battary] Both the emitter and the receiver are equipped with large capacity lithium battery (3.7V 1800mAh).
- [Visual Sensitivity Indicator ] The emitter has a few sensitivity indicators, to help locate the wire much easier with the indicators strength and the tone together.
4. Klein Tools VDV501-851 Cable Tester Kit with Scout Pro 3 for Ethernet / Data, Coax / Video and Phone Cables, 5 Locator Remotes
- Cable tester tests voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (coax F-connector) terminated cables with clearly defined results
- Measure cable length up to 2000 feet (610 m)
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults
- Backlit LCD screen displays cable length, wiremap, cable ID and test results
- Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires with multiple style tone generator (requires analog probe Cat. No. VDV500-123; sold separately)
- Hub blink mode to identify port location on a hub or a switch
- LanMap and CoaxMap Location Remotes (5 each) map and ID multiple cable runs in a single step
Additional Info :
5. DataShark Network Cable Tester – Cable Mapper, Check Continuity – Test Patch Cords or Installed Cable Runs
- Troubleshoot cause of problems with patch cords or network to identify open, short, or crossed connections
- Verifies proper cabling configuration and good connections
- LED clearly lights for each pin as the unit goes through the test cycle
- Cable test begins automatically once the cable is plugged in and the power button is on
- Test each individual pin – maps the cable
Additional Info :
6. Klein Tools VDV001819 Cable Installation Tools Set with Crimpers, Scout Pro 3 Cable Tester, Snips, Punchdown Tool, Carry Case, 6-Piece
- This cable installation tools kit has all the essential tools for the VDV professional
- Versatile Scout Pro 3 Tester locates and tests coax, data and telephone cables
- Ratcheting Modular Crimper cuts, strips and crimps Twisted Pair, Ethernet, RJ45 voice and data cables
- Multi-Connector Crimper crimps compression F, BNC, and RCA connectors to inside (premises) coaxial cable: Mini-coax, RG58, RG59, RG6, RG62, and RG6QS
- Snip features high carbon steel blades to maintain blade durability and sharpness
- Cable Stripper features exclusive sliding cable stop pre-measures cable for fast, accurate and repeatable strips
- Punchdown Tool terminates cable in a variety of cross-connect panels, blocks and keystone jacks
Additional Info :
7. Klein Tools VDV526-200 Cable Tester, LAN Scout Jr. 2 Ethernet Cable Tester for CAT 5e, CAT 6/6A Cables with RJ45 Connections
- TEST TERMINATED CABLES CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT6A (RJ45) and patch cords
- LARGE BACKLIT LCD for low lit areas displays pin to pin wiremap results
- VERSATILE test for open, short, miswire or split-pair faults, cross-over and shield
- EASY-TO-IDENTIFY test responses, intuitive and simple three button feature
- TONE on single wire, wire pair or all 8 conductor wires
- MULTIPLE TONE STYLE generator (soli /warble); requires probe Cat. No. VDV526-200 cap bulets
- AUTO POWER-OFF feature; 10-minutes in test mode, 60-minutes in tone mode
Additional Info :
8. KAIWEETS Voltage Tester/Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Dual Range AC 12V-1000V/48V-1000V, Live/Null Wire Tester, Electrical Tester with LCD Display, Buzzer Alarm, Wire Breakpoint Finder-HT100 (Red)
- SAFETY FIRST: It will send out multiple alarms through sound and light. When the voltage is detected, the tip will send out red light and beep. When the higher the sensed voltage is, or the closer it is to the voltage source, it beeps at a higher frequency. At the same time, the screen will be red or green, red means high voltage and live wire are detected, green means low voltage and null wire are detected.
- NON-CONTACT: With NCV inductive probe for AC voltage; Just place the tip near a terminal strip, outlet, or supply cord. When the tip glows red and the pen beeps, you know there’s voltage present. The live wire detector can automatically detect the live or neutral wire. Ideal for breakpoint Test. Handy circuit tester for electricians, homeowners.
- DUAL RANGE: Detects standard and low voltage (12-1000V AC / 48-1000V AC) for more sensitive and flexible measurements. Press the S button to adjust sensitivity and adapt low range for doorbells, thermostats, irrigation wiring etc.; The NCV sensor automatically recognizes the voltage and displays it on the bar graph.
- SECURITY LEVEL: IEC rated CAT III 1000V CAT IV 600V, Meets CE requirements; The electrical tester is safely double insulated. High Voltage Alert to warn you of voltage above 90V, the screen turn red and the safety symbol on the screen shines.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Bright LED flashlight for work in dim ares; Low-Power-Indicator when battery voltage is below 2.5V; Automatic Power Off after 3 minutes without operation or signal detection; Pocket-sized, pen hook allows you to carry it in your shirt pocket. We provide 36-Month after sale service, Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
Additional Info :
9. 4 in 1 Network Cable Tester USB Tester Meter Remote RJ11 RJ45 USB BNC for UTP STP Cables Tracker, Current Voltage Capacity Testing
- Test 4 types of cables: RJ-45, RJ-11, USB and BNC. Test installed wiring or jumpers.
- Test shielded (STP) or unshielded (UTP) LAN cables. Test the shield in the USB cable. The test can be performed from 2 remote points.
- The buzzer provides sound notification of test results. The remote unit is stored in the main unit.
- BNC terminator 25/50 ohm indication. Direct or cross instructions. LED indicates the connection and failure of wires and pins. RJ-11/RJ-45 are equipped with 50u gold plating. 300 feet test distance (RJ-45/RJ-11/BNC).
- Ergonomic portable handheld design, convenient battery access. Low battery indicator. Simple one-click test. The speed test is fast. Comes with a soft leather bag for easy carrying.
Additional Info :
10. Goupchn Automotive Circuit Tester Kit Test Leads Kit Test Light 3-24V Voltage Tester Dual Probes Alligator Clamps Two-Way Voltage Test for Maintenance of Low-Voltage Circuits
- This circuit probe is made of pure steel which is hard, durable and does not bend. The body is integrated with three lights and adopts the small lamp bulb commonly used for cars. Each auto repair shop has stocks so it is easy to replace. The bulb has high visibility and long service life. The brightness of the top 3W lamp can vary with the measured voltage.
- The large clamp is convenient for clamping the battery head and the body ground. There is an auxiliary probe at the back of the clip, which is convenient for inserting the plug to be tested with the main probe at the same time. High-strength flexible leads. Lightweight and durable, with strong heat insulation, abrasion resistance and tensile strength.
- Banana to alligator test leads are made of high quality copper material which are flexible and durable. Wire piercing probes can be easily connected with the 4mm banana plug test leads. Perfect for wire piercing. No need to strip off the cables and no damage to the cables.
- Automotive circuit testers are perfect for checking fuses, positive and negative electrical power supply detection, batteries, LAN local area network circuit, Hall sensor, short circuit fault, auto gearbox circuit, air conditioner circuit, ABS circuit and etc. Ideal for distinguishing between real electricity, virtual electricity, series electricity and poor grounding and reading the fault code.
- Package include: 1PC automotive circuit tester probe, 2PCS banana to alligator test leads, 2PCS wire-piercing probes, A white transparent storage box.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for low voltage cable tester
To help you buy the perfect low voltage cable tester for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best low voltage cable tester in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these low voltage cable tester for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to low voltage cable tester, you can find many major features and aspects related to low voltage cable tester. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The low voltage cable tester should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing low voltage cable tester to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best low voltage cable tester, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the low voltage cable tester. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting low voltage cable tester.
Ease of Use
While choosing the low voltage cable tester, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the low voltage cable tester. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The low voltage cable tester should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable low voltage cable tester.
The price of your low voltage cable tester will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the low voltage cable tester. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your low voltage cable tester. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the low voltage cable tester you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of low voltage cable tester is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of low voltage cable tester before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some low voltage cable tester come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.