What are the features that make the best maddox cylinder leak-down tester? These compact and convenient maddox cylinder leak-down tester are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average maddox cylinder leak-down tester cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of maddox cylinder leak-down tester
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the maddox cylinder leak-down tester
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best maddox cylinder leak-down tester & Features
1. OTC 5609 Cylinder Leakage Tester Kit , black
- OTC’s Cylinder Leakage Tester Kit quickly diagnoses internal engine problems like bad rings, valves, and leaking head gaskets and comes complete with adapters for most applications
- Dual 2-1/2 inch gauges read 0-100 psi and 0-700 kPa and feature chrome bezels and rugged protective outer boots
- Kit features a pressure regulated manifold with quick couplers, 24 inch long 14mm flex hose, and 10 mm, 12 mm, and 18 mm thread adapters
- Rugged, blow molded storage case with removable lid keeps components organized and protected when not in use
- Includes detailed instruction chart
Additional Info :
2. Cylinder Leak Down Tester,Compression Test kit -Engine Cylinder Dual Gauge Leakdown Tester kit Diagnostics Tool
- ◇ FITS YOUR VEHICLE — It is compatible with gasoline 4-stroke engines and 10mm ,12mm or 14mm spark. As long your vehicle has a standard spark plug socket, this set will work for you
- ◇ COMPARE CYLINDERS — It best tests cylinder leak down and compression when comparing a suspect cylinder to a known good cylinder on the same engine
- ◇ EASY TO USE — Remove the valve and turn the regulator off before applying shop air. Install the hose to the cylinder, the unit to an air supply, calibrate the leak gauge, and connect the unit to the cylinder hose. Diagnosis is made by observing the amount of leakage indicated on the cylinder leakage gauge and listening for leakage at various points of the car system
- ◇ Designed to detect a variety of common engine faults. including: Worn piston rings, worn valves, cracks in cylinder walls and blown head gaskets
- ◇ Tester checks the amount of leakage in an engine cylinder & helps determine the source. Ideal for testing trucks & late model cars where clearance is minimal
Additional Info :
3. YSTOOL Cylinder Leak Down Tester Automotive Kit Gasoline Engine Compression Dual Gauge Leakdown Detector Tool Set for Pressure Check & Leakage Rate Test with Extension Rod Red
- The multi-piece cylinder leak down tester kit adds 6 new partners to offer you more options and a better repair experience. On the basis of a common set(1PC double gauge maniflod, 1PC rubber hose and 2PCS metal adapters included), this 3-in-1 cylinder gauge diagnostic tool kit adds 2PCS universal push-on connectors, 2PCS threaded adapters, 1PC M14 extension rod, and 1PC extension hose. It is a must have for any DIYer or professional mechanic’s tool collection.
- Convenient dual gauge design allows the compression gauge tool to test the pressure and leak rate of the cylinder under test at the same time. Ranging from 0-100 psi / 0-7 bar and 0-100%(Accuracy: ±0.5%), easy to read 3-inch gauges would spend less time on readings. Leakdown gauge tool hooks up to air compressor(prepare by yourself) can help to detect common engine faults such as worn piston rings, worn valves, cracks in cylinder walls and blown head gaskets.
- Gauge manifold assembly also equipped with 18″ rubber hose, AR2000 pressure regulating valve, American type air plug and aluminum manifold body. Valve knob is made of alloy and plastic, used for pressure adjustment of the inputed air from the air compressor. Pull out for use, and push back to lock. This leak down compression tester & cylinder leakage test kit fits for most gasoline engines with spark plugs(within 20mm).
- Constructed with aluminum and rubber, straight / angled type universal push-on connectors don’t need to be threaded into spark plug wells and applicable to almost all petrol engines, and M14 aluminum extension rod can be installed on long / short hose(41-3/4″; 11-1/2″) end to increase distance and facilitate operation. Adapter sizes: M14*1.25, M18*1.5, M10*1, M12*1.25. High quality and deep threads allow the fittings to bite better, antislip and durable.
- Long & short rubber hoses feature 300 psi W.P and brass adapters at both ends(M14 x 1.25; quick plug)- Ideal for connecting the gauge hose assembly to the cylinder with the selectable fittings. Your satisfaction and recognition are always what we pursue. The product can be returned unconditionally in one month and we also supply 1 year warranty. Welcome to contact us if you have any doubts or you are not satisfied with the product quality in the process of use.
Additional Info :
4. JIFETOR Cylinder Leak Down Tester Kit, Professional Dual Pressure Gauges Engine Compression Leakdown Detector Leakage Test Set for Gasoline Engine with 10 12 14mm Spark Plugs on Car Truck Motorcycle
- ENGINE CYLINDER LEAKAGE TEST: JIFETOR cylinder leak gauge set is designed to detect a variety of common engine faults including: worn piston rings, worn valves, cracks in cylinder walls and blown head gaskets. Available with either single gauge shows % of cylinder leakage, or twin gauge manifold show cylinder leakage and cylinder pressure. Suitable for any gasoline engine with 14, 12 or 10mm spark plugs. The % gauge is a precise instrument, please handle it with care
- WORKING PRINCIPLE OF LEAKDOWN DETECTOR: Once the leakage tester has been connected to one of the cylinders, compressed air (45-100psi) is fed into that particular cylinder through the built in pressure regulator. Diagnosis is made by observing the amount of leakage that is indicated on the cylinder leakage gauge and by listening for leakage at various points of the cars system. Please note: This cylinder leak tester is not suitable for shallow cylinder.
- DUAL PRESSURE GAUGES ASSEMBLY: There are American style air plug, pressure regulating valve, aluminum manifold body, cylinder pressure gauge, cylinder leakage gauge, 19″ long rubber nylon resin hose with quick coupler on the assembly. The two gauges adopt rubber cover protected 3″ large dial, the pressure gauge with scale range 0-100psi/0-7bar, and the leakage gauge with color coded range marked with HIGH MODERATE LOW SET.
- 3 ADAPTERS AND OTHER PARTS: There are 3 sizes adapters brass coated aluminum 14mm(fixed on a 10″ long hose), aluminum 12mm and 10mm (both can be connected to 14mm adapter), can help to test the gasoline engine with 10 12 14mm spark plugs. The instruction has detailed introduces about notification, connection method, operation steps, fault diagnosis, please read it carefully first. Customized blow molding case keeps everything in place and protects the gauges during storage.
- SATISFACTORY CUSTOMER SERVICE: Please unscrew the adapter after the cylinder is cooled to prevent the hose from softening and not driving the adapter to rotate together. 30 days full refund with returned undamaged JIFETOR dual gauges gasoline engine cylinder leakage detector kit. Any quality related problem in 1 year, we will replace the fittings for free or refund. Any question, please feel free to contact us by email or amazon message system, we will reply ASAP in 24 hours.
Additional Info :
5. New Leak Down Tester Tu-21 Engine Cylinder Leak Tester Leakage Detector Engine Compression Tester Gauges Set
- FITS YOUR VEHICLE — It is compatible with gasoline 4-stroke engines and 12mm or 14mm spark. As long your vehicle has a standard spark plug socket, this set will work for you.
- COMPARE CYLINDERS — It best tests cylinder leak down and compression when comparing a suspect cylinder to a known good cylinder on the same engine.
- EASY TO USE — Remove the Schrader valve and turn the regulator off before applying shop air. Install the hose to the cylinder, the unit to an air supply, calibrate the leak gauge, and connect the unit to the cylinder hose. Diagnosis is made by observing the amount of leakage indicated on the cylinder leakage gauge and listening for leakage at various points of the car system.
- Designed to detect a variety of common engine faults. including: Worn piston rings, worn valves, cracks in cylinder walls and blown head gaskets.
- Suitable for use on any petrol engine with 10, 12 or 14mm spark plugs. Tester checks the amount of leakage in an engine cylinder & helps determine the source. Ideal for testing trucks & late model cars where clearance is minimal.
Additional Info :
6. Lang Tools CLT-2 100 PSI Cylinder Leakage Tester with 2 Gauges, One Size
- Measures the ability of an engine cylinder to hold compressed air- using shop air pressure- and supplements a compression tester
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L x 29.972 H x 20.32 W (centimeters)
- Package Weight : 1.293 kilograms
- Country of Origin : United States
Additional Info :
7. Block Tester BT-500 Combustion Leak Test Kit – Made in USA
- Complete Combustion Leak Test Kit – Includes Fluid – Nothing More to Buy
- When Fluid Turns From BLUE to YELLOW Combustion Leak is Present
- Tests in seconds for combustion leaks caused by: Blown Head Gasket (BHG) Cracked Head or Block Pulled Bolts or Studs Warped Sealing Surfaces
- Quality Tool Made in USA for over 45 years with Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Packaged in OEM white box
Additional Info :
8. MengYoo New Generation Cylinder Leak Down Tester,Engine Cylinder Dual Gauge Leakdown Tester kit Diagnostics Tool(Tu-21)
- ❥(^_-)Suits all local and imported cars and trucks, ideal for testing trucks and car models where clearance is minimal. Designed to detect a variety of common engine faults such as cylinder head cracks, worn piston rings, worn valves and blown head gaskets.
- ❥(^_-)Equipped with 2-1/2″ input pressure gauge for proper leakage test setup and accurate results.
- ❥(^_-)Available with either single gauge or twin gauge manifold. Gauges show % of cylinder leakage or cylinder leakage and cylinder pressure.
- ❥(^_-)Content: 1 x Cylinder Leak Detector ,1 x Instruction manual.
9. Cylinder Leak Down Tester,Compression Test kit – Engine Cylinder Dual Gauge Leakdown Tester kit Diagnostics Tool.
- Cylinder leak down tester,compression test kit -Engine Cylinder Dual Gauge Leakdown Tester kit Diagnostics Tool.
- UNIVERSAL FITMENT. Suits all local and imported cars and trucks, ideal for testing trucks and car models where clearance is minimal. check the amount of leakage in 4-stroke engines.
- Designed to detect a variety of common engine faults such as worn piston rings, cylinder head cracks, worn valves and blown head gaskets. It checks the amount of leakage in an engine cylinder and helps determine the source.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 480mm flexi hose, 12mm and 14mm spark plug adapters, fixed short connector M14 x 26mm, fixed long connector M16 x 26mm, pressure gauge, cylinder leakage gauge, air regulator, instructions, and carrying case.
- GUARANTEE. We provide our worry-free 24-Hour reply, 30-Day Refund.
Additional Info :
10. OTC 5605 Deluxe Compression Tester Kit with Carrying Case for Gasoline Engines
- OTC’s Deluxe Compression Tester Kit offers a complete package for compression testing on gasoline engines and comes complete with standard and specialty adapters
- Kit includes the deep well connector used on recessed plug well style heads and the new Ford Triton engine adapter using 16 mm thread plugs
- Adapters work on both flat and tapered seat plugs; corrosion resistant nickel plated finish protects metal components
- Extra long 25 inch flex hose gauge assembly with quick coupler allows easy viewing out of cluttered engine compartments
- Rugged blow molded hard case with removable lid
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for maddox cylinder leak-down tester
To help you buy the perfect maddox cylinder leak-down tester for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best maddox cylinder leak-down tester in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these maddox cylinder leak-down tester for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to maddox cylinder leak-down tester, you can find many major features and aspects related to maddox cylinder leak-down tester. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The maddox cylinder leak-down tester should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing maddox cylinder leak-down tester to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best maddox cylinder leak-down tester, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the maddox cylinder leak-down tester. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting maddox cylinder leak-down tester.
Ease of Use
While choosing the maddox cylinder leak-down tester, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the maddox cylinder leak-down tester. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The maddox cylinder leak-down tester should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable maddox cylinder leak-down tester.
The price of your maddox cylinder leak-down tester will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the maddox cylinder leak-down tester. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your maddox cylinder leak-down tester. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the maddox cylinder leak-down tester you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of maddox cylinder leak-down tester is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of maddox cylinder leak-down tester before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some maddox cylinder leak-down tester come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.