What are the features that make the best magnetic tester? These compact and convenient magnetic tester are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average magnetic tester cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of magnetic tester
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the magnetic tester
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best magnetic tester & Features
1. General Tools AMY6 Magnetic Tester , Blue
- EASY TO USE: Easily determine whether something is magnetic.
- VISUAL ALERT: Red and green LEDs distinguish North and South (red for “N”, green for “S”)
- AUDIBLE ALERT: A loud buzzer pinpoints each pole’s location.
- EASY TO CARRY: Practical pocket clip and pen style makes it easy to carry.
- POWERED BY: 4 LR44 batteries which are included.
- GENERAL TOOLS: We have been a recognized leader in the innovation, design, and development of specialized precision tools for many years. We encourage craftspeople, artisans, and DIYers to work smarter, measure better, and increase productivity.
Additional Info :
2. Extech MD10 Non-contact Magnet Detector with Built-in Flashlight , Blue
- Detects the presence of magnetic field without contact (AC, DC, and permanent magnets)
- Ideal for testing audio speakers and relays with coils and electrically controlled solenoid valves
- Blue LED lights up for visual magnetic field indication
- Magnetic field detection range: 63H, 98H, 401H, 810H
- Low battery indicator
Additional Info :
3. Rotation Tester and AC Detector for Circulating Pumps etc
- Quickly indicates rotation direction
- Detects AC fields
- Detects solenoid valves
Additional Info :
4. Schatten Magnet Polarity Tester
- Refined by Les Schatten especially for guitar shops, this tester is useful for troubleshooting and testing pickups and wiring
- By indicating the north or south magnetic orientation of a pickup’s polepieces, this polarity tester can help you avoid incorrectly wiring pickups that are magnetically out of phase
- If you do a lot of work on guitar pickups and amp electronics, you’ll want this simple and effective tool in your toolbox
- Instructions included
5. Amprobe NCV-1040 Non-Contact Voltage Probe with Flashlight and Magnetic Solenoid Testing
- Detects voltage from 12 to 50V and 50 to 1000 v ac safely and quickly without interrupting electrical systems
- Audible buzzer and visual led voltage indication, built-in work light, magnetic detection, and auto-off feature
- Cat iv 1000 v safety rated and Ip65 water and dust resistant for industrial applications
- Performs in indoor and outdoor settings
Additional Info :
6. Master Magnetics 07264 Pocket Magnetic Pick-Up Tool, Ferrous Tester Magnet, 5.75″ Length, 2 lb Hold
- 0.312″ overall diameter tip with powerful Neodymium magnet holds ferrous metal items up to 2 pounds
- Made of aluminum housing with etched hand grip, magnet, and steel pocket clip
- Includes convenient pocket clip
- Light weight
Additional Info :
7. GLTL Magnetic Polarity Tester Polarity N/S Test Gauss Meter Magnetic Pole identifier N/S Detection Pen
- ★ Size: about 140 * 20 * 19mm,Sensitive area 6 * 3mm.
- ★ Induction value: 0.005 tesla = 5 mt, Sensitivity: ± 5mt.
- ★ Display: 2 LED display (green = S pole, red = N pole).
- ★ Use battery: 1X1.5V LR03 AAA battery （Not included）(continuous use time > 10 hours).
- ★ Service temperature: – 20℃ ~ + 80℃, Storage temperature: – 40℃ ~ + 150℃.
8. AMTAST TES11A Tesla Tester Digital Gauss Meter Surface Magnetic Field Meters Metal Probe Guassmeter with Ns Function
- The TES11A Handheld Digital Teslameter is a field-portable unit that measures DC magnetic fields with direct digital readout in mT or Gs.
- With small volume, light weight and convenient carry, this instrument can meet the measurement requirements of various sites
- Can select transverse probe or axial probe. Have judgment function of magnetic field polarity. The unit is designed for wide range, auto-range, high accuracy, and ease of use
- Adopt micro power consumption design. With long service life, the battery can be continuously used for more than 50 hours
- Wide Application: used for measuring the permanent magnetic material surface magnetic field, dc motors, speaker, magnetic separation machine, permanent magnet in addition to the work of iron and leakage magnetic field etc.
9. GLTL Gaussmeter Tesla Meter Surface Magnetic Field Tester with N/S Function + Metal Probe
- ★, Application: Handheld digital WT103 gauss meter used to measure the magnetic field of the permanent magnet material surface, DC motors, speakers, magnetic separator, permanent magnetic separator magnetic field demagnetization and the leakage of the magnetic field, parts machining residual magnetic field. Measuring range: 0 to 200mT milli-Tesla of – 2000mT milli-Tesla
- ★, Basic error: ±2percent ±3 word (below 1000mT millitesla of) ±5percent ±3 words (over 1000mT millitesla)
- ★, Ambient temperature: 5℃~40℃ Relative Humidity: 20%~80% (non-condensing) Power supply: one 9V battery, external power supply (Battery is not included)
- ★ ,Package Included: 1 x WT103 Gaussmeter Tesla meter; 1 x User Manual; 1 x Metal Probe;1 x DC Adapter ( includes AAA*3 Batteries )
10. Handheld Digital Tesla Meter High Precision Gaussmeter Fluxmeter Surface Magnetic Field Tester with Probe 0-2400mT
- Power Supply: 1PCS 9V battery(not included)
- Range: 200mT, 2000mT(Automatic range switching)
- Minimum Resoltion: 10μT; 4 digits display
- Measurement Rrange: 0-2400mT(2400GS)
- Accuracy: 0-1000mT(±2%); 1000mT-2400mT(±5%)
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for magnetic tester
To help you buy the perfect magnetic tester for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best magnetic tester in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these magnetic tester for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to magnetic tester, you can find many major features and aspects related to magnetic tester. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The magnetic tester should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing magnetic tester to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best magnetic tester, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the magnetic tester. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting magnetic tester.
Ease of Use
While choosing the magnetic tester, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the magnetic tester. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The magnetic tester should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable magnetic tester.
The price of your magnetic tester will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the magnetic tester. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your magnetic tester. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the magnetic tester you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of magnetic tester is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of magnetic tester before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some magnetic tester come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.