What are the features that make the best motor phase rotation tester? These compact and convenient motor phase rotation tester are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average motor phase rotation tester cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of motor phase rotation tester
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the motor phase rotation tester
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best motor phase rotation tester & Features
1. REED Instruments R5004 Motor Rotation and 3-Phase Tester
- Tests phase orientation of 3-phase power sources
- Indicates phase orientation (clockwise or counter-clockwise) and whether each of the three phases is live
- LEDs display motor rotation and phase status
- Easy to open alligator clips with wide jaws
- Includes color coded sillicone cables, alligator clips, battery and soft carrying case
Additional Info :
2. Amprobe PRM-6 Phase Sequence and Motor Rotation Tester
- 3-phase wire sequence indication with systems up to 700 V
- Synchronous or asynchronous motor rotation direction
- Non-contact, wireless motor rotation detection on running motors
- Error indications on backlit LCD display (missing phase, one input connected to neutral or PE)
- Non-contact, wireless motor rotation detection on running motors Indicates motor rotation of disconnected motors when spinning the shaft by hand or other means
Additional Info :
3. DLG DI-PT01 Non-contact Phase Rotation Tester
- Phase sequence test
- Live power detection
- Open phase detection
- High sensitive non-contact alligator clips for safe testing
Additional Info :
4. UEi Test Instruments PSMR1 Phase Sequence and Motor Rotation Tester , Yellow
- Two Meters Three Functions
- Open Phase Indication, Phase Rotation Sequence, Motor Rotation Indication
- Input Voltage: 100-600-Volt AC, Frequency Range: 45-70Hz
- CATIII 600-Volt rating
- Includes: test leads, carrying case, manual
Additional Info :
5. Motor Rotation Tester, PM5900 Portable Handheld Three Phase Motor Rotation Indicator Tester
- 【HandHeld Motor Direction Tester】The Ma5900 Motor And Phase Sequence Steering Indicator Is A HandHeld Operating Instrument Is Used To Test Magnetic Field Direction Of ThreePhase System, Phase Rotation, Motor Rotation Direction.
- 【Convenient To Use】Without A Need To Link Testing Line, The Motor Rotation Direction Can Be Decided By Placing This Indicator Above The Motor And Aligning It With Motor Drive Shaft.
- 【Powerful Function】Used To Test Phase Sequence Input Of ThreePhase Voltage, To Indicate Phase Line L1, L2 And L3.It Also Supports NonContact Type Magnetic Field Rotation Direction Test (Motor Rotation Direction Test).
- 【Panel Introduction】At The Top Is 3 Input Jacks. Then There Is The Indicator Area: 3 Phase Line Indicators, Direction Indicator, Counterclockwise Dereliction Of Duty, Etc., Power Indicator, Clockwise Indicator. There Is A Test Button. Then Below Is Indicator Shows The Left Sensor Position And The Right Sensor Position. Each Partition Is Clear And Simple,Easy To Use.
- 【Application】This Phase Rotation Indicator Meter Is Durable, Reliable And LightWeight Handheld Device, Which Is Necessary Tool For Those Who Often Install, Repair Or Maintain ThreePhase System Or Motor.
Additional Info :
6. Phase Rotation Meter Non-contact 3 Phase Rotation Meter AC 70~600V Phase Sequence Rotation Tester High Magnetic Induction Motor Rotation Meter Auto Power Off Phase Meter with LED,20″Clamp Lead,Handbag
- 【Professional & Multifunctional Non-contact 3 Phase Rotation Meter】Our non-contact phase rotation meter has multiple functions of phase sequence detection, open phase detection, circuit break detection, live power detection, voltage detection and 3-phase motor rotation detection. Phase rotation meter can quickly and accurately detect the open phase position of the line. 3 phase rotation meter is a good helper for line maintenance, distribution boxes detection and motor detection.
- 【Non-contact Inductive Detection】Different from the traditional phase sequence detection,which must pull 3 phase wire and connect to exposed live wire.Our phase rotation meter adopts a clamp-type non-contact inductive measurement,without removing phase wire or touching exposed high-volt live wire.Phase sequence can be detected by simply clamping insulating sheath of 3 phase live wire with three clamps,which greatly improves safety of the test,effectively protects the personal safety of operator.
- 【Ultra-high Magnetic Induction Phase Rotation Meter】The three super-inductive and high-insulation clamps of the non-contact phase rotation tester are made of ultra-high magnetic induction alloy material. The ultra-high magnetic induction alloy has high magnetic permeability of weak magnetic field, which greatly improves the sensitivity and reliability of detection.
- 【Phase Sequence/Open Phase Detection Phase Rotation Meter】When the A, B, C phase indicators are all on, the R indicator will be on when the phase is positive, and the L indicator will be on when the phase is negative. When one or more of the A, B, C phase indicators are not on, it means that the corresponding phase line of the phase indicator is lack of power. Please check the lack of power of the corresponding phase, and the positive and negative phase indications are meaningless at this time.
- 【Live Power Detection&Circuit Break Detection】Phase rotation meter can detect whether the wire is live or not, and can also judge if there is a fault in the line, quickly find the location of the circuit break. Clamp any one of the clamps to the wire under test, if the wire has electricity (AC 70～600V within the voltage setting range of the live wire), the corresponding A,B,C phase indicators will be on; if the wire lacks electricity, the corresponding A,B,C phase indicators will not light up.
- 【Motor Rotation Detection/Rotating Magnetic Field Indication】The non-contact rotating magnetic field test can be performed on single-phase and 3 phase motors. Just place the phase rotation meter on the motor and parallel to the motor drive shaft to measure the motor rotation. “R” indicator will light up if the motor is in positive clockwise rotation. “L” indicator will light up if the motor is in negative counterclockwise rotation.Note: It can not detect motors controlled by frequercy converter.
- 【Auto Power Off & LED Indicators & Portable Carrying Bag Phase Rotation Meter】After about 5 minutes of power on, if the phase rotation tester is in a state of no operation, the 3 phase rotation meter will automatically shut down to help you save power and prolong the service life of the battery. High-definition indicators of the phase rotation meter could help you identify problems at a glance. 3 phase rotation tester comes with a carrying bag for easy carrying and storage.
Additional Info :
7. 3 Phase Rotation Tester Non Contact Voltage Tester Phase Sequence Detector Short Detection 70V~600V AC Phase Rotation Meter Motor Rotation Tester with 0.6m Cable Length,Carrying Bag Phase Meter
- 【Multifunctional Non-Contact Phase Sequence Detector】The 3 phase tester is designed to detect the three-phase sequence in motor installation and maintenance, which is fast, simple and accurate. It has multi-functions such as phase sequence inspection, phaseloss judgment, short circuit search, voltage detection, live wire inspection, motor steering detection, etc. It is small in size and light in weight, and is a good helper for easy motor detection.
- 【Non-Contact Inductive Measurement】The 3 phase rotation tester is different from the traditional phase sequence detection method,it adopts a clamp-shaped non-contact inductive measurement,and no need to open the wire, just clamp the three super-induction and high-insulation clamps on the insulation sheath of the three-phase live wire to detect the phase sequence,avoiding contact with the high-voltage bare live wire, which greatly improves the personal safety of the operator.
- 【Phase Sequence/Phaseloss Detection】The non-contact phase sequence detector can detect the phase sequence status (positive phase sequence/negative phase sequence) of the three-phase power supply and judge the phaseloss. When the A, B and C phase indicators are all on, the R indicator light is on to indicate positive phase, the L indicator light is on for negative phase, and when any of the three phases is missing, the corresponding indicator light is not on.
- 【Live Wire Inspection & Line Maintenance】The non-contact phase meter can detect whether the wire is live, clamp any one of the three-color induction clamps to the wire to be detected, if the wire under test is energized (in the live wire voltage setting Within the range of AC70~600V), the corresponding A, B, C phase indicator lights will be on. On the contrary, if the tested wire is lack of power, the A, B, and C phase indicator lights will not be on.
- 【Motor Steering Detection & Short Circuit Search】The motor rotation indicator can detect the steering of the motor. Just place the meter on the motor and parallel to the motor rotation axis to test the steering of the motor. In addition, the phase meter can also judge whether there is a fault in the line, and quickly find the location of the disconnection, thus helping you to repair the line quickly and easily.
- 【Auto Shutdown Protection & Equipped With Easy-To-Carry Carrying Bag】When the non-contact phase sequence detector is in idle state,the instrument will automatically shut down (automatically shut down after 5 minutes of no operation) to save power for you and prolong the life of the battery. In addition,the phase sequence detector is equipped with a high-quality black handbag,which can be put into the handbag after use,which is convenient for carrying and storage.
Additional Info :
8. Extech 480403 Motor Rotation and 3-Phase Tester, Multicolor
- Imported from: China
- Commercial brand: Etch
- Package Weight: 1.23 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 25.654 L x 7.366 H x 13.716 W (centimeters)
Additional Info :
9. PEAKMETER PM5900 3 Motor Rotation Indicator Meter Sequence Tester Rotary Field Indicator 3 Phase System Motor Testing Multimetro
- MS5900 Motor and Phase Rotation Indicator is used to test magnetic field direction of the three-phase system, phase rotation, motor rotation direction.
- Without a need to link testing line, the motor rotation direction can be decided by placing this indicator above the motor and aligning it with a motor drive shaft.
- It is durable, reliable and light-weight handheld device, which is a necessary tool for those who often install, repair or maintain the three-phase system or motor.
- Maximum Operating Voltage(Ume) 400V AC For All Ranges
Additional Info :
10. Triplett PR450 Motor and Phase Rotation Tester
- determine correct phase wiring sequence for 3-phase system installations
- complete with color-coded test leads with matching alligator clips and carrying case
- leds display phase direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise) and which phases are live; includes 9v battery
- contact or non-contact motor rotation direction indicator lets you determine the correct rotation for 3-phase motors to prevent damage
- cat iii-600v safety category
- Included components: PR450, Test Leads with Color-Coded Alligator Clip, Carrying Case, 9V Battery
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for motor phase rotation tester
To help you buy the perfect motor phase rotation tester for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best motor phase rotation tester in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these motor phase rotation tester for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to motor phase rotation tester, you can find many major features and aspects related to motor phase rotation tester. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The motor phase rotation tester should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing motor phase rotation tester to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best motor phase rotation tester, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the motor phase rotation tester. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting motor phase rotation tester.
Ease of Use
While choosing the motor phase rotation tester, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the motor phase rotation tester. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The motor phase rotation tester should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable motor phase rotation tester.
The price of your motor phase rotation tester will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the motor phase rotation tester. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your motor phase rotation tester. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the motor phase rotation tester you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of motor phase rotation tester is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of motor phase rotation tester before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some motor phase rotation tester come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.