What are the features that make the best non contact voltage tester pen? These compact and convenient non contact voltage tester pen are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average non contact voltage tester pen cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of non contact voltage tester pen
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the non contact voltage tester pen
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best non contact voltage tester pen & Features
1. Klein Tools NCVT1P Voltage Tester, Non-Contact Voltage Detector Pen, 50V to 1000V AC, Audible and Flashing LED Alarms, Pocket Clip
- NON-CONTACT DETECTION of AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, non-tamper-resistant outlets, and wires
- VISUAL AND AUDIBLE INDICATORS of voltage detection with a high intensity, bright red LED, and an audible tone
- BROAD APPLICATION with a 50 to 1000V AC power detection range
- CONSERVE BATTERIES with auto power-off function
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE compact design with a convenient clip fits securely in pocket; 6.6-Foot (2 m) drop protection
- TRUSTED SAFE with a safety rating of CAT IV 1000V
- RECOMMENDED for non-tamper-resistant outlets; For tamper-resistant outlets, use Cat. Nos. NCVT-2P or NCVT-3P in low voltage mode
Additional Info :
2. KAIWEETS Voltage Tester/Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Dual Range AC 12V-1000V/48V-1000V, Live/Null Wire Tester, Electrical Tester with LCD Display, Buzzer Alarm, Wire Breakpoint Finder-HT100 (Red)
- SAFETY FIRST: It will send out multiple alarms through sound and light. When the voltage is detected, the tip will send out red light and beep. When the higher the sensed voltage is, or the closer it is to the voltage source, it beeps at a higher frequency. At the same time, the screen will be red or green, red means high voltage and live wire are detected, green means low voltage and null wire are detected.
- NON-CONTACT: With NCV inductive probe for AC voltage; Just place the tip near a terminal strip, outlet, or supply cord. When the tip glows red and the pen beeps, you know there’s voltage present. The live wire detector can automatically detect the live or neutral wire. Ideal for breakpoint Test. Handy circuit tester for electricians, homeowners.
- DUAL RANGE: Detects standard and low voltage (12-1000V AC / 48-1000V AC) for more sensitive and flexible measurements. Press the S button to adjust sensitivity and adapt low range for doorbells, thermostats, irrigation wiring etc.; The NCV sensor automatically recognizes the voltage and displays it on the bar graph.
- SECURITY LEVEL: IEC rated CAT III 1000V CAT IV 600V, Meets CE requirements; The electrical tester is safely double insulated. High Voltage Alert to warn you of voltage above 90V, the screen turn red and the safety symbol on the screen shines.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Bright LED flashlight for work in dim ares; Low-Power-Indicator when battery voltage is below 2.5V; Automatic Power Off after 3 minutes without operation or signal detection; Pocket-sized, pen hook allows you to carry it in your shirt pocket. We provide 36-Month after sale service, Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
Additional Info :
3. Klein Tools NCVT2PKIT Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Receptacle Tester, 12-48V AC or 48 – 1000V AC Dual Range for Broad Application
- Kit contains a non-contact voltage tester and receptacle tester
- Dual range NCVT-2P automatically detects and indicates low voltage range and standard voltage (48-1000V AC)
- NCVT-2P provides non-contact detection of standard voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, outlets and wires
- NCVT-2P is a lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip for convenient storage and quick access
- CAT IV 1000 Volt rating provides expanded operation and protection
- Screw-thread battery cap with O-ring ensures protection against dust and water ingress for the NCVT-2P
- Receptacle Tester is designed to detect the most common wiring problems in standard receptacles
Additional Info :
4. Non-Contact Voltage Tester Pen – Dual Range AC Voltage Tester 12V/48V-1000V, Live/Null Wire Circuit Detection Tester Breakpoint Finder Electrical Outlet Voltage Detector, Measure AC Circuit Tester
- Safety and Security: Non-contact voltage tester has passed the CE CAT III 1000V CAT IV 600V test certification. When the ac electrical tester pen detects a voltage, the probe will flash red and beep, the higher the detected voltage, or the closer it is to the voltage source, the dual range voltage detector will beep at a higher frequency. The ac socket tester detects low voltage and neutral and triggers a yellow flashing light, and detects high voltage and live wire triggers a red flashing light
- Non-Contact: The ac circuit tester uses a non-contact method to measure voltage, with an NCV induction probe for detecting ac voltage, you only need to place the tip of an electric circuit detector near an outlet or power cord to detect the presence of voltage.The dual range circuit voltage tester is a safe double insulation, you don’t have to worry about being shocked, voltage detector tool is very safe, and it is an ideal device to help determine the neutral or live line and breakpoint testing
- Dual Range: The electrical current tester detects standard voltage and low voltage ranges (12-1000V AC / 48-1000V AC), making the measurement more flexible and accurate. NCV sensitivity is automatically adjusted from low to high, low sensitivity can detect doorbells, thermostats, power strips, etc., high sensitivity is ideal for detection systems such as power supplies, use a non-contact wire tester anywhere you need it, voltage detection by simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators
- Smart Design: Our circuit checker tester has a thoughtful design, bright LED light, can help you work well in dim environment, ac cable voltage tester is equipped with light point locating function can be used to indicate long distance lines. When the voltage checker tool battery is lower than 2.4V or the current detection pen does not operate for 5 minutes, it will automatically shut down to save energy. Pocket-sized electric test pen with a pen hook, which is very convenient to carry
- Efficient: Our live wire voltage tester can be used to test circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, sockets, etc. anywhere you need it with a long press of the red button for 2s. Dual range detector pen is very suitable for electricians and home users, when voltage exceeds 90V, the socket voltage detector will issue a high voltage alarm and the safety symbol on the screen will light up, NCV probe voltage detector is an efficient tool to help home appliance repair and circuit inspection
Additional Info :
5. Klein Tools NCVT3P Dual Range Non Contact Voltage Tester, 12 – 1000V AC Pen, Flashlight, Audible and Flashing LED Alarms, Pocket Clip
- Voltage Tester provides non-contact detection of low voltage in security, entertainment, communications, environmental control, and irrigation systems
- Detects voltage with simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators
- Bright flashlight illuminates work area and may be used independent of voltage detection function
- Green light indicates no voltage
- Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip provides convenient storage and quick access
Additional Info :
6. Fluke 1AC-A1-II VoltAlert Non-Contact Voltage Tester, Pocket-Sized, Voltage Detection Range 90 V to 1000 V AC, Audible Beeper, Silent Mode, Includes Batteries And 2 Year Warranty, CAT IV 1000 V Rating
- Voltbeat technology and continuous self-test – so you always know it is working
- Upon detection, tip glows and beeper sounds
- CAT IV 1000 V for added protection
- Range 90-volt to 1000-volt
- 20-volt to 90-volt AC control circuit model also available
Additional Info :
7. Non-Contact Voltage Tester Tools,LED Flashlight,Buzzer Alarm,AC Voltage Detector Pen,Test Range 60V – 1000V for Live/Null Wire Judgment…
- SAFE&PRACTICAL:Non-contact AC voltage detector Just place the tip near a terminal strip, outlet, or supply cord.When the tip glows red and the pen beeps, you know there’s voltage present.Professional factory design and production,safe and reliable.
- SECURITY LEVEL:The electrical tester is safely insulated can detecting 60V-1000V AC voltage.Safety Compliance:CAT.IV.ETL.CE.In order to use safely,it is recommended that you do not insert the pen head directly into the power supply,and wear gloves.
- MULTI-FUNCTION:It has the flashlight can help you work much better in dark.When it detects AC voltage, detection light will flash red and buzzer will sound short beeps.
- COMPACT DESIGN:Durable ABS Case,perfectly portable pencil hook and convenient pocket clip,Fashionable design and bright orange color,Good ideal for breakpoint Test. Handy circuit tester for electricians, homeowners.
- GOOD SERVICE:High-quality service,to make you unworried before/after the purchase.We provide 36-Month after sale service,Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
Additional Info :
8. LETONNEY Non-Contact Voltage Tester Outlet Tester with LED Flashlight & Buzzer Alarm, Electrical Tester Pen with Dual Range AC 12V/48V-1000V Live/Null Wire Tester (Gray)
- 【Dual Range Circuit Tester】Detect two detection ranges of low voltage and standard voltage (12-1000V AC / 48-1000V AC), make the measurement more flexible and accurate. The voltage detector can automatically detects live or neutral wires and is ideal for breakpoint testing, easy to operate. Therefore, this electricity tester can be easily used by men and women of all ages.
- 【Multi-Purpose Widely Used】This non contact voltage tester can be used in circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, sockets, wires and wherever needed. The voltage tester pen can also be used as an emergency flashlight to illuminate the work area. The non-contact voltage detector measures voltage in a contactless manner, so you don’t have to worry about being struck by electricity, super safe.
- 【Multi-Purpose Widely Used】This non contact voltage tester can be used in circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, sockets, wires and wherever needed. The electrical tester can also be used as an emergency flashlight to illuminate the work area. The non-contact voltage detector measures voltage in a contactless manner, so you don’t have to worry about being struck by electricity, super safe.
- 【More Portable Storage】Pocket-sized electric tester tool has a pen hook, allowing you to take it in your shirt pocket; The body of the ac voltage detector is made of ABS material, durable and resistant to fall; Bright flashlight for work in dim area; Handy outlet tester for electricians, homeowners, can automatically recognizes the voltage and displays it through the LED indicator.
- 【Absolute Security Assurance】Professional electric tester pen, passed CE CAT III600V RoHS testings; The voltage tester is also equipped with a customized pen sleeve, which can completely wrap the test pen, avoid scratches, and easy to store; Default boot displays three green lights, automatic Power Off after 5 minutes standby to prolong the battery life. Any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Additional Info :
9. VENLAB Voltage Tester, Non Contact Voltage Detector, Circuit Tester Dual Range Voltage Sniffer 12V-1000V/48V-1000V, Live Wire Tester with Alarm and Flashlight (VD-200)
- 【Non Contact Voltage Test】The no contact live wire tester provides the easiest and safest way of checking for electrical current in a wire, outlet, switch or lamp that has mysteriously stopped working.
- 【High&Low Sensitivity】Switch sensitivity mode between “High” and “Low” based on your needs at work. “High” for Testing 12V-1000V, “Low” for Testing 48V-1000V
- 【Visible&Audible Alarm】The tip glows in red and beeper sounds at high frequency when high voltage is detected while yellow light and low frequency beep indicate low voltage.
- 【Flashlight&Red Pointing Light】Built-in flashlight brings you convenience when working in dark or encounter power blackout. Red pointing light can be used to point at something at job sites.
- 【Customer Service】 36-month technical support is available on our non contact power tester pen. We encourage you to contact us if there are any questions.
Additional Info :
10. Klein Tools 80077 Voltage Tester Kit with Electronic AC/DC Voltage Tester, GFCI Outlet Tester and Non-Contact Voltage Tester Pen, 3-Piece
- AC VOLTAGE TESTER aligned with commonly used residential voltages from 12 to 240 VAC at four useful levels
- TEST DC VOLTAGES from 1.5V to greater than 17 to 24V at four useful levels
- BRIGHT LED LIGHTS illuminate to indicate the type and level of voltage detected
- GFCI TESTER detects the most common wiring problems in standard and GFCI receptacles
- CONFIRMS OPERATION of the ground fault protective device
- VOLTAGE TESTER provides non-contact detection of voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, switches, non tamper-resistant outlets and wires
- BRIGHT GREEN LED INDICATORS in volt pen indicates the tester is powered on
Additional Info :
Buying Guide for non contact voltage tester pen
To help you buy the perfect non contact voltage tester pen for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best non contact voltage tester pen in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these non contact voltage tester pen for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to non contact voltage tester pen, you can find many major features and aspects related to non contact voltage tester pen. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The non contact voltage tester pen should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing non contact voltage tester pen to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best non contact voltage tester pen, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the non contact voltage tester pen. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting non contact voltage tester pen.
Ease of Use
While choosing the non contact voltage tester pen, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the non contact voltage tester pen. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The non contact voltage tester pen should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable non contact voltage tester pen.
The price of your non contact voltage tester pen will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the non contact voltage tester pen. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your non contact voltage tester pen. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the non contact voltage tester pen you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of non contact voltage tester pen is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of non contact voltage tester pen before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some non contact voltage tester pen come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.