What are the features that make the best pool water tester? These compact and convenient pool water tester are easy to install and easy to use at the same time. And then there’s the price! Below, we’ll run through the average pool water tester cost of some of the most popular types, so you can get a good idea of where to start with your budget.
The reasons you should trust us
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our recommendations, we conduct additional research to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase. The following key factors are considered when analyzing:
- The quality of pool water tester
- Each product’s design
- How it’s built
- Price comparison
- How durable [replace-keyword] is
- Product usability
- The functionality of the pool water tester
- Performance of the products
- Product dimensions and weight
- Return policy and warranty, and more.
Best pool water tester & Features
1. WWD POOL Swimming Pool Spa Water Chemical Test Kit for Chlorine and Ph Test (2 Way Test Kit)
- 2 Way Pool Water Test Kit For Test For OTO, CL, and PH Level
- Includes clear view water testing unit with accurate measuring scale and integrated color for easy reading chemical leaves
- Includes one 1/2-ounce bottle chlorine test solution, one 1/2-ounce bottle pH test solution, plastic tester and carrying case
- Easy to use, just fill each test tube with pool water, add 4 drops of the proper solution into each test tube, put the test tube caps on, shake the testing block then check the Chloride, Bromine and pH readings.
- Please use it before expire date which printed on the back of the case.
Additional Info :
|Color||2 Way Test Kit|
2. Pool and Spa Test Strips – Quick and Accurate Pool Test Strips – 7-1 Pool Test Kit – 100 Bromine, pH, Hardness and Chlorine Test Strips – with E-Book – 100 Water Test Strips – JNW Direct
- THE ULTIMATE AT HOME POOL TEST STRIPS for your swimming pool & spa. Tests for 7 parameters: total hardness, total chlorine, bromine, free chlorine, pH, cyanuric acid (stabilizer) & total alkalinity
- EXTREMELY EASY TO USE pool water test strips, Instant reliable results with simple and clear instructions. Simply dip and compare with large color chart on bottle. Ideal range marked on bottle
- BONUS FREE E-BOOK INCLUDED – Record, track and monitor your pool test strip results with ultimate accuracy
- 100 STRIPS MEANS 100 TESTS – Each swimming pool test strip provides accurate and fast results for any water sources including fresh and salt water pools, spas and hot-tubs
- GET SAFE, CLEAN AND CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER, our pool and spa test strips come with a great e-book explaining what your results mean and how you can keep your water in a healthy and clean condition year round
Additional Info :
3. AquaChek TruTest Digital Test Strip Reader For Pool and Spa Water Testing – Tests for Free Chlorine, Free Bromine, pH, and Total Alkalinity – Quick & Accurate Results Includes 25 TruTest Strips (Blue)
- BENEFITS: TruTest provides digital results with the accuracy of AquaChek test strips; ideal for customers who aren’t comfortable distinguishing color
- AQUACHEK ACCURACY: Using medical industry technology, our test strips offer comparable accuracy to liquid tests; No measuring & counting drops of reagent, leaving less room for error
- FEATURES: Combines the ease & accuracy of AquaChek test strips & digital technology; Easy-to-read LCD screen shows numerical results; Includes 25 TruTest Strips
- EASY TO USE: No interpreting colors; Just dip the test strip, remove it, & insert it on the test strip reader; Accurate digital results in 15 seconds; Test water at least twice a week
- DIGITAL RESULTS: Numerical test results show ‘low’, ‘ok’, or ‘high’ indicators for each of the four test parameters; Will only work with TruTest Digital Test Strips
Additional Info :
4. ORAPXI Salt Water Pool Tester Professional Salinity Meter for Sodium Chloride Swimming Pool and Spa Salt Tester Range 0-9000ppm
- Check the Salt Concentration of Pool- Helpful in determining salt level in pool with salt chlorinator generator; Most saltwater pool require salt level of 2400ppm~4500ppm（as sodium chloride）in pools. This tester with a range from 0~9000ppm, which meets measurement requirement for pool.
- More Accurate Measurement Result- The salt detection tool with an LCD backlight display, can display the measurement results clearly and intuitively. Compared with salt test strip, it is more convenient to use and can be reused.
- Application- Works only for salt water pools/swimming pools/spas. Will NOT work for marine/salt water fish tank/food salt level testing.
- Backlight Display with Alerts- When the salt level is less than 2700ppm or higher than 3400ppm, the green backlight display will change to red to alert you. Because if the salt level is too low, salt generator will not produce the correct amount of chlorine; if the salt level is too high, may cause damage to saltwater pools.
- Easy to Use- Just dip electrode into the saltwater pool or take a cup of sample for measurement, and then observe the results. So easy to check the salt level of the swimming pool & spas.
Additional Info :
5. EASYTEST 7-Way Pool Test Strips, 150 Strips Water Chemical Testing for Hot tub and Spa, Accurate Test Bromine, Total Alkalinity, pH, Free Chlorine, Total Hardness, Cyanuric Acid, and Total Chlorine
- AFFORDABLE 150 STRIPS: This water chemical testing kit contains 150 test strips. Enough balanced for your swimming pool, hot tub, spa and other water testing. At least testing twice a week is recommended to keep your pool sparkling clean and safe.
- ACCURATE AND FAST TESTING: Just soak in water for 1 seconds; Then take it out,no need to shake excess water off and hold the test strip horizontally for 15 seconds; Compare with the color chart on the bottle to obtain clear and accurate water quality results.
- 7 IN 1 POOL TEST KIT: Test all necessary parameters for your swimming pool at one time, such as Bromine, Total Alkalinity, pH, Free Chlorine, Total Hardness, Cyanuric Acid, and Total Chlorine. Monitor the water quality at any time you want.
- HIGH ACCURACY POOL TESTING STRIPS: High-quality fiber paper and no-bleeding pads selected after repeated trials by R&D personnel. No need to shake off excess water and follow the instructions easily, you will to get the accurate results.
- TIPS FOR ACCURATE RESULTS: Keep wet fingers away from the strips. Read under natural daylight for best results.Store in a cool dry place.The expiration is 2 years from manufacture. Once opened, use up in 90 days.
Additional Info :
|Color||7 in 1 Pool test strips|
6. U.S. Pool Supply Standard 3-Way Swimming Pool & Spa Test Kit, Tests Water for pH, Chlorine and Bromine
- Professional 3-way water test kit for maintaining proper Chlorine, Bromine and pH chemical levels in swimming pools and spas
- Kit includes a 1/2 ounce dropper bottle of OTO (Orthotolidine) Chlorine Test Solution and a 1/2 ounce dropper bottle of Phenol Red pH Test Solution
- Includes clear view water testing block with accurate measuring scale and integrated color markings for the chemical levels
- Comes with a user guide and it all stores in a polyethylene case
- Easy to use, just fill each test tube with pool water, add 5 drops of the proper solution into each test tube, put the test tube caps on, shake the testing block then check the Chloride, Bromine and pH readings
Additional Info :
7. Digital Salinity Tester for Salt Water – Waterproof IP67 Salinity Meter with ATC Large Range 0-200ppt Saltwater Tester for Seawater, Aquariums, Marine Monitoring, and Koi Fish Pond by ORAPXI
- Salinity Range: 0~9999ppm/10~200ppt or 0.0-25%, ORAPXI salinity tester has an automatic temperature compensation function(32°F~140°F), which can decrease the error caused by the change of liquid temperature.
- Wide applications: There are various purposes for the salinity tester. This instrument can not only detect the salt content of edible salt, salt water pool and koi fish pond, but also the salinity of seawater, marine, salt water fish tank salt level testing.
- Backlit design: There is no need to worry about seeing the displayed value if the light is insufficient. ORAPXI salinity meter features a green backlit LCD to help you see the measurement results clearly in any situation.
- 4-in-1 salinity tester: The multi-parameter Tester can test Salinity, TDS, EC and Temperature in an accurate, quick and reliable manner for most regular water solutions’ testing. Support One-tap switch from salinity to TDS/EC.
- After-sales: 30-day free return/replacement and we promise respond your any questions about the product within 12 hours.
Additional Info :
8. eSeasonGear SALT-3050 Waterproof IP65 Meter, Digital Salinity PPM Temperature Tester for Salt Water Pool and Koi Fish Pond
- Precalibrated at 3000 ppm salt (NaCl) at 25°C / 77°F
- Salt Range: 0-5000 ppm or 0.0-0.5 %; Temperature Range: 0-55 °C or 32-130 °F; Waterproof Rating: IP65
- *** Check out the SALT-3050 + TS107 Test Strips COMBO
- *** Works ONLY for Salt Water Pool and Koi Fish Pond Salt level testing.
- *** Will NOT work for Sea/Marine/Salt Water Fish Tank Salt level testing *** Will NOT work for Food salt level testing! *** Will NOT work for any other application!
9. Hofun Pool Salt Tester, Digital Salinity Meter, High Accuracy 5 in 1 Salinity Tester for Salt Water, IP67 Waterproof Salinity Water Test Kit for Swimming Pool, Aquariums, Seawater & Koi Fish
- Three Display Designs for Salinity Test: PPM + PPT + %. For Swimming Pool Salt Test : 0-9999ppm; Seawater Test: 10-200ppt (1ppt=1000ppm, when ppm figure is over 9999ppm, the meter automatically changes to ppt ). For Food Test : 0.01-25%. So you don’t have to calculate complex salt content level numbers between different units,which help you to avoid calculating mistake.
- Easy Operation for Salinity Test: When you want to use this salt tester, there is only two-step operation waiting for you. All you need to do is to turn the meter ON and click MODE button to shift to SALINITY function. This easy and convenient operation design is very considerate and offers premium experience.
- Wide Application Meter: Hofun digital water salinity test meter applies for multiple uses, like swimming pool salt water test,Koi Fish, Seawater, Aquariums & Marine Monitoring.
- Hofun multi-function water Test meter is equipped with 5 functions for water quality test: Salinity + TDS + EC + pH + Temperature are combined perfectly in one meter. This is not only been convenient for you, but also saves your time and money, totally a helpful water test kit for your water quality safety.
- Automatic Shut-off for Energy Saving: Hofun 5 in 1 water salinity meter includes 3*LR44 batteries to provide sufficient energy of continuous testing. Besides, the auto-off function of Hofun salt tester also saves energy to avoid changing batteries frequently.
Additional Info :
10. Poolmaster 22211 Smart Test 4-Way Pool and Spa Test Strips – 50ct
- BEWARE: We want you to receive quality, authentic product so please carefully note the seller you are buying from and the spelling of Amazon to avoid receiving a bad copy of this product
- For maintaining healthy water chemistry in swimming pool or spa; contains 50 strips in easy-to-store container
- Pool water tester analyzes four chemical factors; free chlorine, bromine, alkalinity and pH
- Dip in pool or spa water for instant reading; no-bleed pads give accurate color reading
- Made in the USA
Additional Info :
|Color||White and yellow|
Buying Guide for pool water tester
To help you buy the perfect pool water tester for your needs and requirements, we have mentioned some of the best pool water tester in this article. Not only that, but you can also learn about their differences as we have mentioned their major features and options.
To help you on your way, we’ve listed some questions you may want to consider before making any purchase.
- Why do I want to buy this?
- Do I need it or just want it?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- How often will I use it?
- Can I pay cash for it?
- Is it budgeted for?
- Can I borrow it?
- Can I get it used?
Although, if you still want to learn more about these pool water tester for buying the perfect one, we are here with a detailed buying guide just for you. Since this buying guide is related to pool water tester, you can find many major features and aspects related to pool water tester. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect one by going through this article until the end.
The pool water tester should last more than one use and hold up against normal wear and tear. We recommend reading the product description before purchasing pool water tester to ensure they’ll last a while. Additionally, pay attention to the wash instructions.
When choosing the best pool water tester, you must consider its versatility. It is important to make sure that your unit can be used for performing different tasks.
For instance, if you need to use your unit for other purposes in any other materials, getting the one with a versatile design will be an ideal option for you.
The brand is another crucial factor you must consider while looking for the pool water tester. You will find both well-known and unknown brands in the market. If you are looking for a reliable and durable model, I recommend getting one from a well-known brand.
They use high-quality materials and the latest technology to manufacture their products. As a result, you will be able to get a durable and long-lasting pool water tester.
Ease of Use
While choosing the pool water tester, you must ensure that it is easy to use. It is important to get the one that comes with a user-friendly design.
As a result, you will be able to use your unit for a long time without facing any discomfort. Also, getting the one that comes with an easy-to-use design will help you save a lot of time and effort.
The price is another essential factor you must consider while looking for the pool water tester. You need to get the one that fits your budget perfectly.
Getting the one that comes at an affordable price will help you save a lot of money. However, you must ensure that it meets your needs and requirements perfectly.
The pool water tester should be easy to carry for you. Therefore, consider the size, style, design, and all the other basic features to check for the actual portability of the device. Portability comes with comfort and ease, and you need to look for all the features to look for a suitable pool water tester.
The price of your pool water tester will depend upon its features and the overall quality. There are some inexpensive options in the market, but they may not have the best features.
The term ‘budget’ is broader because it completely depends on the user who wants to purchase the pool water tester. In this case, you can prepare a list of all the features you want to have in your pool water tester. Then, look for the product that comes with these features and works well.
After that, you should carefully check the prices of each air compressor machine on your list. This will give you a precise idea about the budget you need to prepare for the pool water tester you should go after.
It is important to consider your unit’s weight while working in congested areas. Getting a lightweight model will be ideal if you need to work regularly in difficult-to-reach places.
However, if portability is not your concern and you are looking for a durable model, you can go for the one with a little heavyweight.
The warranty of pool water tester is when the manufacturer offers free repairs or replacements for any damages that occur to the product.
You need to check the warranty of pool water tester before buying it, as you don’t want a product that doesn’t come with a warranty.
At the same time, you also need to remember that some pool water tester come with a longer warranty than others, so select one with a long warranty if possible.